About Me

My photo
I am brutally honest, super opinionated, and swear like a sailor. You have been warned. You'll either love me or hate me. I'm cool either way. All posts and personal photographs herein are © Copyright 2011 ArtemisJ. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Does This Bed Come Equipt With Earplugs?

I do not know what my deal is with not writing.  I think it's because I feel like I do not have enough exciting things going on.  Except I did not write much about that anyway.  I've had a bunch of running thoughts and didn't get around to writing them.  I have to do it in the moment or I just kinds lose the hutzpah, you know. Also, I tend to just write about what's annoying me at the moment.

And at the moment it's my honey's snoring.  Lord.  Have.  Mercy.

Now, I have been known to snore a bit.  Mostly because the boobs smash my wind pipe.  Sorry, but it's true.  Regardless, I know I snore sometimes.

Why is it that the person that snores like a beastmaster falls asleep the minute their head hits the pillow?  Seriously.  It's a pattern.

Growing up, I found my dad's snoring comforting.  He worked rotating shifts and he worked hard, bless him.  Hearing him snore meant he was home.   And as he grew older, hearing him snore also meant I knew he was still alive.  Though I once almost gave him a heart attack sneaking up on him one drunken late night.

What?  I crawled in during the wee hours and he was lying on the floor (which he does often doze off in front of the telly) but was not snoring.  So my drunk ass goes downstairs and gets in his face to hear if he's breathing. Of course he wakes up in horror to find his big curly haired, goth makeup wearing, inebriated daughter inches from his mug.

I'm surprised he didn't take a swing at me.  I probably would have.

p.s. I was of age.  I did live with the parents for a year or so after college.  Good folks.

That snoring went on in another room though.  As a girl, I found comfort in it.  Hell, even now I do when I visit them.  But right now, oooo lawd.

Actually he's (my man) not all that bad. I've been finding myself not getting to sleep until like 4am or something and then sleeping in a bit when he goes to work.  I am considering getting a graveyard shift job, though that would be we wouldn't be able to go to bed together and I don't even mean that in a pervy way.  It's just nice to actually sleep together.  I know he feels bad about it, poor lamb.  It's not all his fault anyway.

I have trouble falling asleep as it is.  I always have.  I am a nocturnal person.  I kick into gear in the evening.  I have always been this way, even as a child.  My parents were constantly yelling at me to go to sleep.  I'd be all up in my room reading, watching TV (on this precious 12 inch black & white), or listening to music - which always gave me away because I'd sing.  One of them would come in and be like "SLEEP!"  I just simply could not.

Sometimes I get up and do stuff  - like tonight.  Other times I just try to relax in bed and I play games on my iPhone, which my sweetheart of a man got me.  I should try to make better use of my time.  I will hopefully be going back to school soon and will not have the luxury of late night shenanigans.

And really, if snoring is the biggest conflict to deal with, I don't have too much to complain about.

Happy Holidays!


Check this guy out.  Come on...just come on.  And the poor cat.  Look at those poor, soulless eyes that say "I cannot tolerate another minute of this guy's weird."

I wonder if he snores.  Though I kinda doubt it would keep anyone else up.

No comments:

Post a Comment