About Me

My photo
I am brutally honest, super opinionated, and swear like a sailor. You have been warned. You'll either love me or hate me. I'm cool either way. All posts and personal photographs herein are © Copyright 2011 ArtemisJ. All rights reserved.

Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Official

I full on stood at the meat counter with a calculator trying to figure out which was the better deal for ground turkey.  Two different sized packages and I had coupons.

I have become a soccer mom.  A childless, soccerless soccer mom.

Lord have mercy.  I am fucking boring as shit.

Though I am content here, I mean - it's not a horrible life - I have a lovely man that adores me and I also love to pieces.  At the end of the day, that is really all that matters.

But this city lacks hutzpah, you know?  There's just nothing special.  It's rather dull actually. No culture.  And it's not just me that says so.  My best friend ran into a girlfriend who's best friend also moved out here last year.

Did you follow that?  Anyway, the couple that moved here is having issues finding friends and culture and generally something not suburban to do.  My bestie is going to get me their info.  I need some flipping cool people to hang out with.

I am a bona fide city girl.  That's just the way it is.  And why is the spellcheck for "bona fide" "debonaire"?  Though I'd like to think of myself as such as well. So humble.

Having a car has helped, though driving here is koo-koo.  People are nuts!  everyone drives as though they are entitled.  As in "I am entitled not to be aware that anyone else exists".  Seriously, people do not even look!  They drive through red lights!  I do not mean going through a yellow.  I mean full on standing red light.  Just because they feel like it.  And they just randomly pull out of parking spaces.  No one looks at anything.  They just go.

I'm gonna have to lay down the law, I guess.  Because my crazy ass will yell at someone.

I think I get it now why housewives in the 50's freaked out and drank.  I am ready for a cocktail myself.

The car is fabulous by the way.  We got a Honda CRV in this Urban (ha ha) Titanium color.  Of course I woke up the next day, looked at it and cried for two hours that it looked like a mini van and was brown.  I was all "How did I get here?  there is nothing cool about that car?  When did I become a yuppy?!  Why did you let me get that one?  I should have waited for the black one."

I was hysterical.  It was ridiculous.  I blame a raging case of PMS and Mercury being in retrograde.  Fucking Mercury.

I love it now though.  It's actually super pretty.

7 comments:

  1. You're such a hoot. Soccer moms don't calculate better deals for ground turkey. Trust me. And we have a Honda minivan and a CRV. I don't think I'll ever mistake those two cars in my driveway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately that I loved you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for the record, Smarty - I do not think that soccer moms themselves are boring - I mean being a childless, soccerless soccermom is.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soccer mums. I really do. I am of course a soccer dad nowadays or a ballet dad to be more precise and watching those soccer mums really does make the time spent chasing after the wee ones more pleasant.

    I had a similar breakdown when I bought my honda, it's an accord. A black one but there is still no denying it is an old mans car, it's hard to believe that I went for substance over style but I did and I am glad I did. While the chrysler may have looked good it was in fact a crappy crap crap car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sort of a Soccer dad, I mean I take my Lil' 'un to the matches with me a lot of the time and if there was a team for 3 year old girls then yes she would be turning up for training as well.

    ( I hate calling it Soccer, its like giving in yet more ground to the bloody colonials)

    I'm totally with you on how suburban life if enough to excuse mild alcoholism. I watch Sidekick slowly succumbing to the suburban hick lifestyle month by passing month. I swear if I fall into that mire surrounded by the trite and inoffensive, please for the love of all things unholy shoot me.

    Shortstuff and my bad self shall no doubt arrive in the near future to waken things up a little and thoroughly inspect the quality of music on the local jukeboxes.

    Peace
    &
    Once in a lifetime. ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kidfos - Football dad or Futbal! I can understand your annoyance. And I feel you, I amin a city, but it feels like a suburb. It's killing me softly. Are you coming to the states?

    Frank - My favorite Aussie, I know we made a good deal with the CRV - I just really wish it was black. Though black is rough out here - it gets so hot. I just feel more at home in black. Have fun at ballet, you proud pappa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuh huh I'm coming to the states. Wow, you are outta the loop.

    Me and Temper are trail blazing from one side to the other early next year. Pretty certain you were on the hit list for visitation.

    ( Puff, Puff, Pass.)

    ReplyDelete