About Me

My photo
I am brutally honest, super opinionated, and swear like a sailor. You have been warned. You'll either love me or hate me. I'm cool either way. All posts and personal photographs herein are © Copyright 2011 ArtemisJ. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Monster

 

First off, let's discuss.  This is proof that makeup goes a long way and that we are all pretty much some mascara away from being a monster.  Charlize Theron is one of the most beautiful women in the universe and she looks like ass.   Plus the bitch she is playing here was a serial killer.  Ugliness makes people do some ugly things.

That said, I am desperate need of a makeover.  One, my ass...grown.  And I do not mean I am a grown ass woman.  I mean I have super badunk-a-dunk.  It's not cool.  And it's especially not cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.  Yes, that was for you, Smarty.  

Seriously though, I am out of control.  I have not been working out and that needs to change promptly.  I have approximately 11 months.  Does my dress fit? Yes.  Am I happy with how I look in it?  Not especially.  Though I am not thrilled with how I look in anything lately.  That's not the only reason I need to get into shape though.  I am feeling uber gross.  And that, also, is not cool.

My phro is also insane. I, at least, remembered that I have thinning shears and put those to work.  I could not stand it anymore.  I need to make an appointment this week to have some layers put in.  That is to say, put in correctly.  I have been know to take shears to my head in the middle of the night and wake up with a bob or some shit.  I am a crack length away from doing it, so I need to go see a pro.  I am debating on color though.  Did you all know that I was actually a redhead?  For many years.  So much so that people though it was my natural color.  Though, for the record, I do actually have some red hair...along with blonde, black, and brown.  I am a fucking deer mouse, though less pestilent.

So, I have a debate with the parents again about inviting kids to the wedding.  I am apparently a horrible monster that hates children and needs to be destroyed.

Sorry, I just cannot handle kids running around when I am in heels.  It completely stresses me out.  Plus, I figured out that it would cost and additional $2,500 to have all those kids there.  You heard me.  Twenty-five-freaking-hundred-dollars.  Thirty-five extra meals, additional seating/chair covers, additional centerpieces.  It all adds up.  Should I have to sacrifice how my wedding looks, to save on budget, so that people can bring their children that do not give a shit about me?

And what happened to it being OUR wedding, anyway?

My brother went Godfather on me the other day.

He calls me on Friday night.

"Do you have a photographer?"

"Yeah, but I have not signed a contract yet"

"How much is he charging you?"

"$2,000"

"Do not sign a thing, I have someone for you.  He'll do it"

"But..."

"Don't worry about it.  He's a good guy.  Takes great pictures."

"But how much..."

"Don't worry about it.  We'll figure it out."

"But can we get a book and the digital photos and..."

"You're gonna get whatever you want.  I said - don't worry about it."

I called him today and was like "Can I talk to this guy?"  Turns out he works with my brother, which I am guessing means for my brother.  Like he's his boss.  He apparently wants to get into the industry and my bro is vouching for him.  Guess he won't mess things up because it will be super awkward for him.

For the record, my brother is not a mafia type, which is why it's impossible to say no to him when he pulls crap like that.  He has more integrity than anyone I know.  Plus, he knows he will not hear the end of it if this dude messes it up.  If I can save a grand...I mean, that gives us more to spend on food or whatever.  And don't you dare say "or kids" because I will throttle you.

Did I mention that my sister in law is making the cake?  How cool is that?  We did go to a cake tasting and like the combination that we chose.  I could tell she wanted to do it, but was nervous and I was like - Just make it. I am not looking for a free cake, we'll pay you. I just want you to make it.  I beat her into submission and am so glad.  I want something totally plain anyway.  I mean plain in design.  I am of course buying cake jewelry.  It's a real thing.  Trust me.  I need bling.

I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago for my BFF's wedding - which was awesome.  I went shopping and bought all the gifts for my bridesmaids.  Part of which I am incorporating into the ensemble.

I decided to have my sister, my fiance's sister, and two of my best girls be attendees.  Then I wanted my nieces.  How to get away with having that many?  Make those little heifers flower girls.  I do not give a crap.  they are wearing the same dresses and just going down the isle in pairs and dropping petals.  Did I mention that they will be ages 15 to 23.  Whatever.  They are my nieces and I think it is precious.  Again, I did not want some kid that does not even know us.  Plus, I hate when everyone is all cooing at the spectacle. 

I was at another wedding last month and the flower girls and ring bearer were just running around, causing a scene.  It was so distracting.  People were all "awww...how cute."  I was like "someone better beat those brats down."

Maybe I am a monster.

I was all nudging my man "See? See?  This is why I am having the girls (the nieces) do it.  I would be throwing a  fit."  And honestly, I would.

The weird thing is - I am exceptional with children.  I am like the kid whisperer or some shit.  But that takes concentration and I am not having it on that day.  At least not for that.

Here's some pretty for you:


She is ridiculous.


7 comments:

  1. Awwww, thank you, Arty! You know I love "Trading Places" quotes :)

    Are you in California or Illinois now? Or both? I miss you writing, but I still follow your antics on the FB. As for tots at your wedding, I'd rather see you as a monster than have something that would definitely be on your mind throughout that day. You can finagle the money... you can't change your stress. Besides 2012 is a big election year. Run on the "No kids allowed" platform ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making a political stance: no kids allowed. the thing is, I always enjoyed my nieces & nephews. I took them with me anywhere, bought them whatever I could - but they always behaved and listened to me. It's a trade off. Behave with auntie and get whatever you want. Act a fool and you get jack.

    I am in Cali now. Adjusting. Lord have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I was super stern with them - and also remain their favorite. Tough love works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to take a strong pro-kid stance but people let their kids run around in a church? They are lucky the good lord never smote them right there and then. I am unsure whether I mean the parents or the children, maybe both?

    I was one of those people who was all offended when told my children aren't invited. I never went to my sister's wedding for that very reason but in my old age I have come to realise that my kids will be treated the same as the little turd bombers who run around in church because it is to socially awkward to treat each child as an individual. I still think it sucks but I have reached a level of acceptance.

    Do you know what could make Charlize Theron prettier? Red hair, I mean it go red and go red now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel a little bad because there are some descent kids that I would be happy to have there, but since they are not related, I cannot make the distinction of those kids going and not others. Like if they were cousins or actual nieces/nephews, i could use that reasoning. I think it would make people feel bad - these kids are ok but not yours. Even if it's the truth.

    I remember my dad being annoyed when it was adults only also. I get it. Wedding are often a family affair. I just wish people would make them behave.

    I have notice more Greek weddings having no kids besides the flower girls and such so i do not feel too evil.

    If you come - you can bring your kids.

    And I think i am going red. I am over the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My love! First, you know it's your wedding so you have to do this right! Unlike most people (ok, me, lol), I'm thinking this is a one time thing so do it the way you are happiest.

    Kids are expensive to feed, even at the caterer's discount rates for their tiny plates. We limited it to the flower girl/ring bearer and A and no one complained.

    You will be the most beautiful bride because you're awesome inside, out.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the end it'll be worth the fight with your folks. You're the one getting married and shouldn't be stressed all day by kids. It's a few hours and goes so quickly, insist on as many of your needs as you feel necessary. It's worth it!

    You have no idea how other people's children will behave in church or at the reception - could be fine, could be a disaster. Why take the chance?

    Stick to your guns on this one, is my advice.

    ReplyDelete